What's PCoIP ?
- PC-over-IP (PCoIP) is a proprietary remote display protocol developed by Teradici.
- PC-over-IP (PCoIP) is a UDP based protocol.
- VMware and Teradici codeveloped PCOIP for Horizon View.
- Secure Protocol that uses Encryption and compression.
- PC-over-IP (PCoIP) can be used with LAN's and WAN's.
- Provides automatic display scaling and dynamically resizing.
Characteristics of PCoIP
One of the major characteristics of PCoIP is its progressive build operation, means the image quality visible to user on system improves progressively.
With the help of progressive build it automatically reduces image quality in case of congested networks, moreover it maintains the responsiveness by further reducing the screen update latency.
One of the screenshot which I was able to fetch from web shows three different images.
1) Initial Image : Low B/W and Latency
2) Perceptually Lossless: High Quality Picture, Lossless Text.
3) Lossless : Lossless Image
PC-o-IP available as both software in Horizon Client and View Agents and also as a Teradici host card to be used in Physical desktop which you have planned to be used as View Desktop.
Refer link for more information.